If you are interested in working in a growing area of professional accountancy and enhancing your career prospects with a specialized qualification, then forensic accounting is the right course for you.
B.Com-Forensic Accounting provides students with specialized forensic accounting knowledge, investigative abilities, and technical expertise, skills which are anticipated to be in strong demand across a broad range of industries including government departments, law firms, accountancy firms, and a range of industries within the banking and finance sectors. Forensic Accounting requires a combination of accounting, auditing, law, and investigative skills and knowledge. Aspiring forensic accounting will equip you to uncover individual fraud or financial corruption within organizations as well as the ability to mine, analyze and visualize large data sets and present business intelligence reports.
B.Com-Forensic Accounting focuses on forensic accounting evidence gathering, expert witness reporting, analytics, data mining, business intelligence, technological skills (including SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, advanced MS Access and Excel), and oral and written communication – areas that have been identified as key areas of importance by forensic accounting professionals.
- Provides advanced theoretical, technical and practical knowledge and skills to investigate fraud and accounting-related situations.
- This subfield focuses on analyzing financial information to investigate criminal activity, manage risk, and resolve legal conflicts.
- Enhance your accounting career through a formal additional qualification in a growing professional area.
- Common employers of forensic accounting professionals include public accounting firms, risk management firms, financial consulting companies, and government agencies.
- Several exciting career options become available with an undergraduate forensic accounting degree.
- Professional certification can boost a job candidate's resume and competitiveness in the job market.