Deans occupy a unique place in the continuum of academic administrators, as the facilitating link among faculty members, staff, students, and University leadership. All activities and roles of the Deans are undertaken considering furthering the best interests of the students at University.
The Dean’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the development of and implement the School’s vision and mission statement
- Leading School’s efforts toward achieving University goals.
- Raise the ranking profile of the school.
- Enhance the accreditation profile of the school with highest degree in NAAC.
- Enhance the profile of the institution through better intellectual capital in terms of research output.
- Lead and coordinate school’s strategic planning and curriculum development
- Identify and offer new age courses and training programs to make students future ready.
- Maintain good relations with key organizations and government departments with which institution closely interfaces such as UGC, State Education Department, DST, VGST etc.
- Ensure appropriate quality systems and processes to enhance the graduate outcomes.
- Ensure excellence in academic delivery and in attainment of learning outcomes
- Supervise, evaluate, and support Departments/Schools in a manner that promotes excellence in instruction, scholarly and creative productivity
- Lead and coordinate the governance of the School
- Coordinate the professional development of faculty and staff
- Evaluate overall Departmental/School productivity in instruction, research, and service responsibilities
- Provide quick redressal to student grievance