ABOUT INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
NAAC has mandatory guidelines that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
Since its inception, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of HKBKCE has been working on developing quality and monitoring performance indicators for the institution . The IQAC has been instrumental in bringing a conscious, consistent and catalytic change in all the 7 criteria as defined by NAAC.
Quality Assurance is a shared responsibility of the entire institute community. It is a successful endeavor only with the full support and cooperation of the management, the teaching and non-teaching staff, and the students, as it impacts every aspect of the Institution’s work. In the current globalized world of higher education, exercises relating to accreditations, world rankings and ratings of higher education institutions make it necessary to focus on Institutional excellence.
By facilitating a conducive environment for all the stakeholders, through state of the art infrastructure.
Adopting Innovative teaching methodologies to meet the changing global needs.
To inculcate trending needs for global workforce, interdisciplinary, effective communication skills, quality technical expertise, ethics and values.
Providing creative enriching learning experiences through industry interactive exposure, guidance and support
To facilitate research and development acumen.
To nurture the continuum of lifelong learners.
MISSION AND VISION OF IQAC
- To evolve strategies and to build quality in the institute and promote excellence in the sphere of education, innovation in technology.
- To promote innovative practices to continually improve the efficiency of the Teaching – Learning experiences of all stake holders.
- Centric environment and provide value based education with emphasises on human values and academic excellence.
- To optimise and integrate modern tools of learning.
- Equitable access to affordability of academic programs for various section of society.
- To provide access to academic program to various section of the society at affordable cost.
- To implement sustainable enhancement and integrate of various activities and institutionalise best prospects.
The roles/ duties of main stake holders such as students, Alumni, Faculty and college management are indicative in nature as given below:
I. Role of IQAC Coordinator
- Ensure effective functioning of all the members.
- To initiate measure to ensure the growth of the institution by devising procedures and instruments.
- To submit AQAR annually and ensure that the norms of NAAC or similar regulating agencies reach different state holders speedily.
- To monitor the teaching learning process to the fullest satisfaction of stake holders.
- Conduct periodic audits of academic, administrative activities for quality assessment.
II. Role of students
- Students are required to abide by the VTU norms and the institution policies.
- Students need to regularly upgrade their skill sets and acquire competence to face professional challenges.
- Students many share their feedback to enhance teaching learning process and day to day functioning of the institution.
III. Role of Alumni
- The Alumni to help the institution in conducting value addition courses, guest / expert lectures.
- Alumni to proactively interact with the faculty to use their good offices to facilitate teaching learning process, industry institute connect and support towards setting up of incubation centre and guide projects.
- Alumni to support the graduating students in placements through their contacts.
IV. Role of Faculty
- Ensure quality in teaching process and achieve good academic results.
- Adopt new teaching pedagogies and initiate steps towards enchanting students’ skill sets through various programmes such as value addition / certificate courses, soft skills.
- Faculty to be role models to the students in the institution.
V. Role of Management
- Provide support and establish infrastructure, human resources.
- Delegate powers to the principal and other state holders in improving the efficacy
- To frame policies conducive to the growth and development of students and faculty.
Periodicity of the meeting of IQAC: The IQAC committee should meet on Quarterly basis or at least once in a semester.
International Quality assurance Cell
Chairperson: Head of the Institution
Dr. Riyaz Ahmed
Prof. Hussain Ahmed
Member from Management
Mr. Manzoor. A. Khan
Dr. Smitha Kurian
Dr. A Syed Mustafa
Dr. C S Nagabushana
Dr. Salim Sheriff
Prof. Tahir Naquash,
Assistant Professor[Computer Science & Engg]
Dr. Zahira Tabassum
Prof. Sumaiya Banu
Mr. Manish Bali
Senior Director, UST
Mr. Shanawaz Alam
Junior Engineer, Wuerth Electronics
Parent of Ms. Pooja ISE Student
Mr. Hussain Junaidi
4th Sem, AIML
NAAC SSR 2017
RTI Act 2005
VTU Norms and Standard for Affiliation