B Tech Civil Engineering College in Bangalore
B.Tech Civil Engineering
The primary objective of B.E in Civil Engineering program at HKBK College of Engineering is to produce the well-balanced civil engineers who have excelled in varied fields, ranging from academics to project management. HKBK is one of the best civil engineering colleges in Bangalore that offers the best programs designed as per international standards. The course comprises of practical training, guest lectures and industrial visits along with project work and exposure to several civil engineering software programs.
Being the top civil engineering college in Karnataka, we offer specialized knowledge ranging from geotechnical engineering to structural engineering. The important subdivisions of this field include irrigation engineering, structural engineering transportation engineering, hydraulic engineering etc.
Unique methodology for enriched learning
The teaching methodology at HKBK ensures a perfect balance of theory and practical learning. The department has well-equipped labs for enriching the practical learning experience of the students. The graduates at HKBK are well prepared to solve the current civil engineering problems and have ability to adapt to the future problems in the related field.
The civil engineering program teaches students the fundamentals of engineering design and the potential applications related to the field. The program is brilliantly designed and caters to the learning requirements of the students from basic to advanced level. On completion of the B.Tech civil engineering course at HKBK, graduates can apply their knowledge and skills to solve various civil engineering challenges. They can flourish their careers in areas of irrigation, structural design, planning, design and construction of roads, bridges, tunnels etc. We have academic collaboration with some industries for practical training of our students that help them understand the concepts easily.
- Duration: 4 years
- Semester I and II: Common for all branches
Eligibility for Civil Engineering
- Qualification: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Electronics or Computer Science with a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates can apply both under General and Foreign/NRI categories
SCOPE OF EMPLOYMENT
There are massive career avenues for Civil Engineers both domestically and internationally.
- Technician-Bridge Design/ Building Material/ Concrete/ Construction/ Environmental/ Highway/ Land use/Highway Traffic/ Road/ Measures/ Noise Reduction/ Solid Waste Disposal/ Structural Engineering/ Urban Planning/ Water Distribution System/ Pollution Control/ Environmental/ Agriculture/ Architectural
- Technologist- Civil Engineering Design/ Civil Engineering Studies/ Construction/ Foundation/ Material Testing/ Structural Design/ Soil Testing/ Traffic/ Waste Disposal
- Construction Requirement Writer/ Construction Specifications Writer/ Structural Investigator/ Supervisor
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO-1: Analyze, design and implement structural, geotechnical, transportation, water supply and environmental engineering system.
- PSO-2: Apply advanced technology and modern computational methods to Civil Engineering.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO-1 : Professional development: They will be successful professional working in government or Private organizations as Civil Engineers.
- PEO-2 : Lifelong learning: Graduates will innovate and follow sustainable practices in Civil Engineering.
- PEO-3 : Higher Education: Graduates will pursue higher education that is adaptive to changing needs of profession in community.
DEB Projects, JMC Projects, Secon Survey, Sobha Developers, Digital India Ltd., Puravankara Projects, TRC India Ltd., Chaitanya Constructions, L&T, Nagarjuna Constructions, Brigade Group, PWD, CPWD, Pollution Board, BWSSB, BBMP, BDA.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Course Duration: 4 years (8 semester)
Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers etc.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of the Civil Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of civil engineering technology.
- Utilize graphic techniques to produce engineering documents.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on civil engineering materials.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Utilize modern surveying methods for land measurement and/or construction layouts.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in civil engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Determine forces and stresses in elementary structural systems.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice.vEstimate material quantities for technical projects.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the civil technical specialties.
Engineering Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering, Engineering Geology , Fluid, Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Surveying, Concrete Technology, Environmental Engineering, Building Materials and Technology, Hydraulics, Design of Steel Structures.
Major Equipment’s Available:
Marshal stability Test
Bulk density apparatus
Dorr abrasion test
Liquid limit & plastic limit device
Proctor’s coup action
Coefficient of permeability soils
Unconfined compressive strength
Unconsolidated trixial strength
Slump test apparatus
Compaction factor Apparatus
Concrete test hammer
Vibrating Sieve Shaker with Onset Sieves
Hot air over (18*18*18)
PH Meter Digital
UV Visible spectro photometer
Jar Test Apparatus
Casa Grande Apparatus
Compaction Test – High/Low
Bomb Integrator(Rough meter)
Auto Reduction Tachometer
The placements at HKBK hold an impressive recruitment record since its inception. HKBK students are well placed and are found across industries around the country.
HIGHEST PACKAGE 12 LACS PER ANNUM