Civil EngineeringCollege in Bangalore
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. The graduates in Civil Engineering degree play a vital role in fulfilling the societal infra-structural needs and demand. With India being a developing country and one of the fastest growing economies has created wide scope for civil engineers.
Civil engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies. Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers etc..The important subdivisions of the field are construction engineering, irrigation engineering, transportation engineering, soils and foundation engineering, geodetic engineering, hydraulic engineering, coastal and ocean engineering.
- Duration: 4 years
- Semester I and II: Common for all branches
- Qualification: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Electronics or Computer Science with a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- Candidates can apply both under General and Foreign/NRI categories
SCOPE OF EMPLOYMENT
There are massive career avenues for Civil Engineers both domestically and internationally.
- Technician-Bridge Design/ Building Material/ Concrete/ Construction/ Environmental/ Highway/ Land use/Highway Traffic/ Road/ Measures/ Noise Reduction/ Solid Waste Disposal/ Structural Engineering/ Urban Planning/ Water Distribution System/ Pollution Control/ Environmental/ Agriculture/ Architectural
- Technologist- Civil Engineering Design/ Civil Engineering Studies/ Construction/ Foundation/ Material Testing/ Structural Design/ Soil Testing/ Traffic/ Waste Disposal
- Construction Requirement Writer/ Construction Specifications Writer/ Structural Investigator/ Supervisor
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO-1: Analyze, design and implement structural, geotechnical, transportation, water supply and environmental engineering system.
- PSO-2: Apply advanced technology and modern computational methods to Civil Engineering.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO-1 : Professional development: They will be successful professional working in government or Private organizations as Civil Engineers.
- PEO-2 : Lifelong learning: Graduates will innovate and follow sustainable practices in Civil Engineering.
- PEO-3 : Higher Education: Graduates will pursue higher education that is adaptive to changing needs of profession in community.
DEB Projects, JMC Projects, Secon Survey, Sobha Developers, Digital India Ltd., Puravankara Projects, TRC India Ltd., Chaitanya Constructions, L&T, Nagarjuna Constructions, Brigade Group, PWD, CPWD, Pollution Board, BWSSB, BBMP, BDA.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Course Duration: 4 years (8 semester)
Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers etc.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of the Civil Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of civil engineering technology.
- Utilize graphic techniques to produce engineering documents.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on civil engineering materials.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Utilize modern surveying methods for land measurement and/or construction layouts.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in civil engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Determine forces and stresses in elementary structural systems.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice.vEstimate material quantities for technical projects.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the civil technical specialties.
Engineering Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering, Engineering Geology , Fluid, Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Surveying, Concrete Technology, Environmental Engineering, Building Materials and Technology, Hydraulics, Design of Steel Structures.
Major Equipment’s Available:
Marshal stability Test
Bulk density apparatus
Dorr abrasion test
Liquid limit & plastic limit device
Proctor’s coup action
Coefficient of permeability soils
Unconfined compressive strength
Unconsolidated trixial strength
Slump test apparatus
Compaction factor Apparatus
Concrete test hammer
Vibrating Sieve Shaker with Onset Sieves
Hot air over (18*18*18)
PH Meter Digital
UV Visible spectro photometer
Jar Test Apparatus
Casa Grande Apparatus
Compaction Test – High/Low
Bomb Integrator(Rough meter)
Auto Reduction Tachometer
The placements at HKBK hold an impressive recruitment record since its inception. HKBK students are well placed and are found across industries around the country.
HIGHEST PACKAGE 12 LACS PER ANNUM